Spooky Doorway is a trio of Irish developers who make small adventure games with a focus on light-hearted and caring narratives.
The Darkside Detective is rated ‘Overwhelmingly Positive’ on Steam and they have won a few awards and landed some grants, which makes them feel like big fish.
Paul, the CEO, handles the art and most of the business side of things;
Treasa is lead programmer, scrum mistress and co-designer;
And, unlike The Beatles, we get by with a lot of help from our friends:
- Hannah does wonderful coding bits!
- Ruth, Ruthie and Mark help with 3D art!
- Ben and Thomas made music and sounds. Beep beep, boop boop!
- Rob and David test things!
- Our intern, Sean, did all sorts like program and testing!
- Charlie and KA Games help us get the word out there!
Warlocstranslated Darkside into French, German and Spanish!
- Maple Whispering translated it into Chinese and published it there!
- Super Rare Games published the limited physical edition for Switch!
- Creative Europe MEDIA gave us funds to develop Sunken Spectre!
- All of you who bought Darkside Detective Season 1!
- And everyone who Kickstarted Season 2!
Thanks to every one of the above (and anyone we missed…) for all the help and support over the years – here’s to many more!